Carbon's advanced filtration technology blocks airborne contaminants without trapping moisture.
Our premium antimicrobial material and replaceable filter means you can rewash your mask over and over, reducing waste and staying safe.
Carbon Masks are:
- BFE≥95% meaning they filter out 95% of airborne bacteria, similar to surgical masks
- PFE≥80%, meaning they filter out 80% of particles under <300nm
- Reusable as long as it keeps its shape, while each filter lasts 5-10 light uses
- Snugly fitted, to ensure minimal aerosol leakage
Carbon Masks' three-layer filtration process ensures that your face stays protected from harmful aerosol transmission.
- The outer layer is made of a moisture-wicking cotton knit material. The water repellent nature of the outer layer blocks respiratory droplets and aerosols from coming into contact with the wearer's face. This is important as many respiratory viruses, such as COVID-19, spread through large droplets from coughs and sneezes.
- The middle filter layer is made of a reusable meltblown nonwoven filter material, similar to a surgical face mask.
- The inner layer is made out of a soft, breathable cotton-microfibre material—absorbing and containing oral droplets. In addition, the interaction between the inner layer and outer layer material produces an electrostatic charge that increases the mask's aerosol filtration efficiency.